7.29.2015

Fall in VA


Fall in Virginia is my absolute favorite.
All the millions of trees turn red/orange/yellow, it's perfect sweater weather,
there are pumpkin patches and apple-picking orchards all over, and Halloween is done right. 
Last fall, we had a blast exploring our new state and partying with new friends.


Date night to Charlottesville [home of three founding fathers and the University of Virginia]

Our Cougs were playing UVA the next day in Provo, 
so we had to stop by and pay our respects to our opponent.

Virginia is for lovers

This gorgeous girl has quickly become one of my best friends.
I am so grateful that she is out here in RVA too [her hubs is in med school].
We have way too much fun together. She's my soul sister. Love you Abs!!
Here we are on our adventure to Washington DC, which is only a 2-7 hour drive [aka traffic].
It was super hot and sunny this day, hence the squinty eyes.



We had the most ridiculously yummy garlic pizza for lunch in DC.

Here are some more of my amazing girlfriends. I love them all to pieces.
We went to our favorite [dessert] restaurant called Shyndigz for GNO.

Spencer and I love Mellow Mushroom! Amazing pizza in Cary Town.


This night was a riot. In October, we went with some of our fun ward friends 
to Kings Dominion theme park when it was "haunted"and set for Halloween. 
Best Halloween thing ever. Props to Kings Dominion.



"Meet the Mormons" played at a theater in RVA, so a bunch of our friends went for date night. 
It was amazing and truly inspiring. We loved every minute of it.


The hubs and I loooove the band Bastille, so we bought tickets to see them in concert in Northern VA.
Then we found out there was a Cafe Rio near by [to say these Utahns were excited is a 
huge understatement]. Talk about the best date night ever!




Ah, best concert ever.

Halloween 2014: Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad [Grandma] Wolf.
Highlight: Everyone asking, "Where the heck did that nightgown come from?"
And me getting to answer it belongs(ed) to my mother. HAHA
Also a hightlight: Watching Spencer prance around in the grocery store wearing this nightgown.


Spencer's MHA Halloween party {twinner couples}

Gayton Ward Halloween Trunk or Treat

[Abi, me, and this awesome guy in the jorts] ...getting ready to bust out our sweet 'Thriller' moves.

Gotta document my excitement for my new frames! Those 9th grade frames were ready for retirement.


This is my third pizza pic on this post. What? VA has bomb pizza.

Saved the best for last. This Cafe Rio is only ten minutes from our house!
It's like a ward party every time we go in there {aka Utahns living in VA}.




No comments:

Post a Comment