7.22.2015

Bon Voyage [Madsen Style]


Last summer, my [super awesome] parents took our family on a "big boat" (according to Nash) to the Caribbean. It was so fun to travel together and enjoy a heavenly... minus the tenth degree sunburn... tropical vacation. It was such a blast to have our cute little Nash with us and watch his excitement as he explored the ship and played in the ocean for the first time! Sadly, the Madsen clan wasn't totally complete without Dave, Jes, and Tenley who weren't able to join us and Lucy girl who stayed home with her other grandparents. We sure missed them and the awesomeness {and craziness} they add to our family adventures! But, don't you worry... Jenny quickly made up for some of that missed craziness by showing us all up at da club. And, how can I not mention one of the funniest nights of my life - truth or dare, which included Mom shimmying and dancing, Spencer pop, lock, and dropping it, me striking some "unforgettable" poses, and some Academy Award-winning acting by Matthew and Jenny [pictures and details below]! Dad was the only brave soul to conquer a truth question. My stomach still hurts from laughing. That round was one for the books.

We cruised on Royal Caribbean's "Oasis of the Seas", which was by far, the most amazing and fun ship I've ever been on. Some of my favorite parts of the ship were the acrobatic shows in the outdoor Aqua Theater at the back of the ship, the FlowRider surf simulators and zip line, the Central Park gardens, the candy shop and carousel rides on the Boardwalk {Nasher's fave}, elaborate ice skating shows, unlimited soda machines, and as always, the piano bar. Our ports included Haiti, Jamaica, and Cozumel. It was such an amazing vacation. Thanks Mom and Dad for spoiling us!!


Nash [and Billy] were so excited to fly on an airplane for the first time! They were champs.






Grandma is a genius with the spray bottle on the glass idea. It quickly became Nasher's favorite thing.









Formal night take 1

















Haiti

























We told Matt to jump into this photo and these people loved it! 

Spencer was pretending [with a lot of passion] to play the piano that had an automated playing system.
Some people thought he was the piano guy. My dad even gave him tips. 
If you can't tell from my face, I thought it was hilarious.

Matt, Jenny, Spencer, and I went river tubing in Jamaica 
while my parents played with Nash on the "big boat"!














This FlowRider was too fun, and I surprised myself with how long I stayed up.
(Not pictured: the wipe out then the serious wedgie)


This brother of mine and husband were the real pros.

Formal night take 2





Cozumel






Now that I've watched Shark Week last week, I'm second guessing this decision.


My dad and brother went deep sea fishing and Matthew finally caught his marlin!



Wind pic winner



Now to the epic round of truth or dare:
Mom was dared to shimmy and dance all around this vintage car and 
through vacationers trying to take formal night pictures. She should win a trophy.

Jenny was dared to act completely confused and unaware that her week long cruise 
was ending early the next morning. She talked to this couple for several minutes 
about why the cruise director kept talking about disembarking 
and why every passenger's luggage was outside his/her front door. 
They felt so bad for her poor, confused soul. Her performance should receive an Oscar.

Matthew was dared to pretend to be a solo passenger and ask these ladies 
to take pictures with him so when he posted his pictures on Facebook, 
his friends at home wouldn't think he was a loser and cruised alone.

I was dared to ask an Asian man to get down low and take some fabulously posed pictures of me. 
I was being serious about my photos, and he was literally laughing at me.

Now, to Spencer. He was dared to walk just a couple feet in front of this unsuspecting lady
and drastically stop... and proceed to pop, lock, and drop it / bend and snap. 
I'm surprised he didn't break something.



This trip was amazing! 
We made some seriously fun memories!


2 comments:

  1. What fun pics!! Loved every one of them and laughed out loud at a bunch of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so happy to see your blogging again!!

    ReplyDelete